Brrrr… winter is here, and so are all of the holidays that go along with it! If you haven’t started thinking about the food you’ll be eating during your celebrations, UMass Fresh has you covered. Just like the Thanksgiving meal from November, this month’s holiday meal will be starring a delicious assortment of local foods from the Pioneer Valley and greater New England region. All menu items come pre-cooked and are filled with festive, sustainable ingredients.
December’s UMass Fresh Holiday Dinner will include an all-natural, humanely-raised ham from California’s Niman Ranch. For the non-meat eaters at the table, the menu also features a vegetarian “Wellington” topped with mushroom jus and stuffed with vegetables from Hadley’s Czajkowski Farm. Each meal is intended to feed 6-8 people.
For just $99.95 (plus tax), the full meal includes:
• Niman Ranch All Natural Ham with Cold Spring Orchard Cider Glaze
• Czajkowski Farm Vegetable “Wellington” with Mushroom Jus
• Little Leaf Farms Mixed Green Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette with Warm Colors Apiary Honey Roasted Beets, Shaved Fennel, and Red Onions
• Szawlowski Farm Slow-Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
• Hadley-Grown Roasted Butternut Puree with Spiced Walnuts
• Pioneer Valley Sweet Potato Gratin with North Hadley Sugar Shack Maple Syrup
• Pioneer Valley Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Crispy Bacon Lardons
• Cranberry Grain Bread Loaf
• Gingerbread Roulade & Almond Cookies
Support local farms and businesses while enjoying a delicious holiday meal cooked by the award-winning chefs of UMass Dining. Place your order online at http://umassdining.com/holiday by Tuesday, December 19th at 8:00 PM and let the festivities begin!
Orders will be available for pickup at the Campus Center’s Harvest Market on:
• Friday 12/22 from 12pm – 5pm
• Saturday 12/23 from 12pm – 5pm
• Sunday 12/24 from 12pm – 5pm
1/19/2018 08:53:14 am
I would like to ship holiday meals to my children and families. Do you make that possible?
Leave a Reply.
Entries are submitted by project staff and UMass students.